The Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
After two years of organizing, the Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers held its inaugural conference at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel on Friday, September 24 and Saturday, September 25, 2004. The CACE Founders’ Committee, now the Board of Directors, includes representation from all of the provinces and some of the leading labour lawyers in the country. The Association has grown to over 1850 members of management-side lawyers in Canada as well as In-house counsel and affiliate members in the United States.
Objectives of CACE
- to provide governments, courts, labour boards and other administrative tribunals with input with respect to policy and legislative reform from the perspective of lawyers acting on behalf of employers in Canada;
- to speak to the media regarding labour and employment law matters from the perspective of management;
- to foster relations and exchange of information among management-side labour and employment lawyers in Canada;
- to hold conferences and other educational and social events for the benefit of members;
- to provide a forum for discussion and collegiality among legal advisors to employers through meetings, conferences, and newsletters; and
- to promote excellence in the specialized field of labour and employment law.